I walked into the classroom having never taught a class in my life, welcoming my students into my very own classroom. (I'll admit, it was terrifying). But, I realized that when I am teaching, I am in my element. I am what the kids call "silly, goofy and quirky". I have so much fun with the kids, but I am also very serious about learning and working hard. While in a data meeting the other day I realized how much the kids really did achieve and how they grew. I hope that what I taught them sticks and that if they take one thing away from my class, it is that they love to read.
Now while I am very excited to start my summer break, I am going to miss my kiddos. I think they may have taught me more this year than I taught them. They will always be my "first" students. With one year under my belt, its time to relax, work on summer projects and enjoy some much needed time off! Oh yeah, and in two weeks I think there is something I need to do. Hmm... oh yeah! Get MARRIED!!!
I left my classroom Ms. Leon and I will return to it Mrs. Horton.
![]() |
| Here is a photo from the last day of school... Field Day! |

No comments:
Post a Comment