Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Exploring Houston: Tiny Boxwoods




This summer, one of my goals has to been to try new restaurants and explore the city a little bit. Although we grew up here, we found ourselves going to the same restaurants when we went out to eat. We just thought, "Hey, we know what we like." Now that may be true, and there will be restaurants that we continue to go to, but it is kind of fun to expand our restaurant list!   



After church, we tried Tiny Boxwoods for brunch. I think this one will be added to our list of keepers! It is off of West Alabama, so it isn't too far from our house. It is a tad hard to find, but for a good reason. Once you walk in you kind of forget you are in a huge city. There are gazebos, flowers, lots of greenery. It is like having breakfast in a garden. The inside reminded of a brunch place in Dallas so of course I was sold! I am always reminiscent over long brunches with friends in Dallas.


The have couches and smaller tables all around to eat in the garden.

The only downfall is that you have to stand in line to order, take a number and then find a table. It would be fine if it were cooler outside, but when the line is out the door and you are standing in 100 degree heat just waiting to order, it is rough. There really aren't any waiters so you have to get everything yourself. It's fine, but there is something about going to a nice brunch and not having to refill your own water. :)

But, really not a big deal because the food was good and the atmosphere was great! I had the house Migas and Thomas had the Tiny Lunch Burger. Both were delicious!




 As I was looking over the website, I found a couple other cool features, too. They host events on the lawn and will show old movies. Also, you can have your wedding there or group dinner at the gazebo. What a great big group dinner idea when it is a bit cooler outside.


Photo from the Tiny Boxwood Website

No comments:

Post a Comment