Setting up house has been pretty fun! I think I have rearranged the furniture a million times and the second bedroom went from man cave, to guest bedroom, to our offices. So, there it stands, his and hers desks. I came to this conclusion for a couple of reasons:
1. We moved Thomas' couch into the living room. So we now have two couches in an L shape in the living room. It's a bit tight for the room, but we a. won't have those couches forever; b. won't be in this apartment forever. So, while we are setting up our first home, two couches is just much more comfortable for things like naps on Saturday.
2. If people come to visit, we can use a blow up mattress or again we have two couches. Or, if a couple comes to stay, they can have our room and we will sleep on the couches. (We secretly like them better than our bed anyways.) I just have to remind myself that this is all temporary. :)
3. It made the most practical sense for us to get the most use out of the room. (I am working on this blog in our office as we speak).
So setting up house means something else, too! Crafting.
 |
| Linen Pin Board |
 |
| Half Way Done: Reupholstering my office chair |
 |
| After: Office Chair |
 |
| My little office :) -- Thomas' Desk is to the left of it under the big window. |
 |
| An antique chest: makes the perfect filing cabinet |
 |
| Used some of the extra fabric to make this for the guest bathroom. |
No comments:
Post a Comment