One of the first things people notice when they come over is the "Dinner Menu" on the wall as you walk into the kitchen. Most people ask, "Do you always update it and make dinner every night?" Or my favorite comments to one night's dinner of "hot dogs", "Do you eat Hot Dogs?" (Yes, I eat hot dogs.... Thomas loves them!).
I love to cook and I love making dinner for Thomas. It has been really nice to be done with wedding planning and off of school and really be able to have "dinner on the table when he gets home." Now I am not going to say that I cook every night or even make elaborate meals every day. Thomas likes his "man food". He would be happy with burgers, pasta, pizza, hot dogs every night. I on the other hand eat a lot, but usually healthy small meals throughout the day. So I try to not overload him with broccoli and balance it out with healthy food and man meals.
Sometimes our night's schedule just don't allow for a sit down dinner. Between his softball games, small groups, working late or whatever the evening may bring. I think however, one of our favorite ways to cook is to grill. Last year I got Thomas a big grill for his birthday. It works perfectly when he grills and I cook the sides. Nothing is better than grilled salmon and a spinach salad (rice for Thomas :) ).
It's fairly simple. I am enjoying trying out a few new recipes here or there, but sometimes you just got to enjoy some pizza! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment