Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Laissez Le Bon Temp Rouler

This weekend we went to New Orleans. It worked out great because Thomas' fraternity brothers were planning a reunion weekend in New Orleans this weekend and his law school friends were going, too. It was the perfect time to go and neither one of us has been as an adult. We drove up with our fearless leader, Kyle and a couple other law school friends. We left after work on Friday night and got to NOLA just in time to see Bourbon Street in all of it's glory. I'll have to admit it has been awhile since I started going out at midnight. Usually, that is way past my bedtime. 



  


I got to meet Thomas' fraternity brothers who were leadership consultants with him the year he worked for the National Fraternity. It was nice to put faces with names. They are fantastic and genuine guys and I enjoyed getting to know them a little bit. 












Site seeing at Jackson Square -- Thomas
gave me a cute little history lesson. :


The best parts of the city were the buildings, the historical buildings that have so much character. The food was great, too! We of course had beignets at Cafe Du Monde and other yummy local food. Good thing we walked everywhere to work out all the delicious calories!


Yummy Beignets!

Right before we headed out of town we had a nice four course brunch at Arnaud's! A band went around played live Jazz  at each table. They did a great rendition of "At Last" and "You are my Sunshine". I'll have to say the Bananas Foster was delicious and makes me want to learn how to make it at home. Just have to make sure all of the fire alarms are working first!


After brunch before we headed out of New Orleans!
** Remember I am making my blog private so e-mail me at jamielleon@gmail.com if you want to keep reading the blog. I have really been enjoying the e-mails I have received from people I haven't talked to in ages! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment