As a 6th grade English teacher, I try to keep up with some good young adult literature to share with my students! It's amazing to see how excited kids get about books that you are excited about. I recently read the book "The Future of Us" by Jay Asher. I read his other book "13 Reasons Why" which was a pretty gritty novel, but I was intrigued when I heard about Mr. Asher's next novel.
"The Future of Us" is about two high school students in the 90s who get an AOL CD for their first computer. When they plug it in, Facebook pops up with their pages 15 years in the future. They realize that the decisions that try make change their future profile. Many of the references for "AOL", "dial up", and "beepers" might be lost on middle schoolers today, but it took me back and I got a good laugh out of it!
If you're interested in a quick read, or are just a quirky book reader like I am, it's a good read!

No comments:
Post a Comment