Saturday, September 1, 2012

Staying Thankful

The last few weeks have been tough at work. Transitioning into a new school year and all that this new year has brought with it has been difficult. But, I am working on staying positive and always giving thanks and praising Him.

 I have been blessed by many fantastic moments in the last few weeks...

1. Feeling so loved on my birthday and being able to celebrate my first birthday as a married lady!



2. Celebrating Britt and Kyle on their wedding day. I have to say that Britt was the most beautiful bride I have ever seen. She was glowing and her smile just lit up the room. Kyle is one lucky guy!



3. My awesome Brother in Law was in town and I got to see him a few times during his visit. It is warms my heart to gather for something as simple as a quick bite to eat with the Hortons and have Ryan there, too. I love feeling so apart of a wonderful family.

4. My first meet as a Cross Country Coach was a success! Our goal was for all of our kiddos to finish and boy oh boy they should some tenacity. I was so proud of them! It was a surreal moment for me as we competed at the High School that Thomas attended. So, the leader of the meet was actually his coach when he was the captain of his Cross Country team. On top of that, we were racing against my high school and my middle school teams! Nothing topped running into my old middle school basketball coach. Those were some great memories and it is so great that he is still making such an impact!


5.  One of my favorite authors came out with a new book and I read the whole thing, cover to cover, in hours. (Where We Belong by Emily Giffin) Just like I had with her other books. It was a sweet escape from reading 6th grade novels. (Although I'll admit, those are pretty good, too!)



6. Last but not least...My new study Bible. Leslie, my small group leader, shared the name of her study Bible and I had been on the look out for it. Then on a late night trip to Barnes and Nobles to get resources for class, I spotted it. Almost as if it was a sign that I needed to stop what I was doing (working at 9PM) and get in the Word.




No comments:

Post a Comment