Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter Festivities

Boy oh Boy was the weather amazing this long weekend... the sun was shining and there was not a single excuse to stay inside. Thomas had Friday off as well and we had a day date at City Centre. We had a yummy lunch sitting outside of course at Ruggles and then walked around finding presents for our friends' wedding showers.

That night I got together with my two friends Melinda and Sarah and we went back to middle school.... well back to Titanic that is. We saw Titanic in 3D. You'd think that since I had seen it about 10 times that I would know what was coming, but I still hoped that the ship wouldn't sink, that Jack wouldn't die and that she wouldn't throw that necklace in the ocean... fail Rose, epic fail. As great of a movie as it is, it is still terrible sad. But, seeing it in 3D was pretty cool-- it felt like you were underwater!


Never Let Go Jack...

Saturday was made for running and laying by the pool. But that night was a special treat. A few of my students were performing in a dance show at Rice University. So Thomas and I went to go watch them. It was so cute and their performance was a hit! Let me tell ya... "I whip my hair back and forth" got the crowd cheering for those little girls. I am so proud of them for being brave and performing in front of college kids and being the youngest ones to perform-- that took guts!


Waiting for the kiddos to perform!



We made a ham and turkey so needless to say we were eating leftovers all week! Ham for lunch, turkey for dinner... repeat, repeat, repeat... We did get creative with the sides though. :)

All in all it was a beautiful weekend to celebrate the Jesus and the Resurrection of our Lord.

My sinful soul could only be
Redeemed by the blood of a sinless King
So you came to the world that You had made
Conquered sin on the cross and You rose from the grave

That’s the beauty of the cross


-Jonny Diaz "Beauty of the Cross"

No comments:

Post a Comment