Sunday, April 22, 2012

4.17.12

I am not really sure what the post should say or what I should write, but I know I need to post about this because when I look back over this last year, this will now become a significant memory. My dad passed away on Tuesday and although he had been sick for many years, his death still came as a shock. He had this strong will to live and for many years we were amazed and how many health struggles he faced and overcame. I am finding comfort in the fact that he passed in his sleep and is now at peace. I am focusing on all of the positive memories that I have and I have been going through old photos. These are two from the day I was born. I was his first and only daughter. He taught me to be "soft and pretty", but still that I could be whatever I wanted. I have his stubborn nature and his love of sports. I have his eyes and his coloring. There are many things that I am today because of my father.





It has been a very tough week, but I have been blessed with an outpouring of love and support. I am so thankful for all of the messages, calls, flowers, prayers and thoughts. I feel so loved. I have spent time with family, my amazing fiance has been so supportive, and friends I haven't talked to in years have reached out. I can not thank everyone enough for all of the support and love.

The message on my board in my classroom when I came back to school after being gone for two days!

No comments:

Post a Comment