Sunday, April 15, 2012

Currently Reading

At my school we are in the midst of a reading challenge and I was recently asked "What are you reading?" As an English teacher, I love to read, and I am currently reading a few books. I have always found that I read a few books at a time that way whatever mood I am in I have a book to read. So here is my current reading list...

What's It Like to Be Married To Me? by Linda Dillow
-- This was recommended to me by a friend and it is great! I highly recommend it myself. I had it on my Nook so whenever I need a little pre-wifely inspiration I read it. It is really a inward look at being a wife. So many books I had read or heard about are about what it is like to be married to your husband and how to "deal" with him. But, this book makes you look at yourself to see what you can do. I like the procative approach. Even though this book is about marriage, I am enjoying it as a "getting ready for marriage" book.



Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
-- These books are like candy for my students. We only have a couple of copies in the library and there is a waiting list for them. So, of course I had to jump on the bandwagon to stay relevant. I have to say I like them the  books, but I am not obessessed. I really just like to stay updates on what my kids are reading so I can talk to them about it and get them more interested in reading.





The Red Book by Deborah Kogan
-- This book is about friends that graduated from Harvard and where their life has taken them now. I am still in the middle of it, it is pretty good. Kind of funny look at friendship and life in general. They are all back in Boston for their 20th reunion and at the moment one of the friends wound up in jail for unpaid college parking tickets.... This is more of my girly novel, fun read.


* All images from Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment