This has been a pretty big week...
My kiddos took a big exam (Common Assessments). I always was a nervous test taker and still am. But, I have to say, I am even more nervous as a teacher. I want them to do well and I hope hope hope I taught them something these first 12 weeks of school! This was their first "final exam" experience and I can remember studying so hard for my "first final" in 6th grade. Miss Type A personality had flashcards and outlines and all sorts of study guides. But still, as a teacher, I am nervous for them! Big Prayer that they did well! It was sweet that I got an e-mail after school from one of my students that said "Thanks for helping me succeed on the Common Assessments". My reply was, it had nothing to do with me! It's all them, I just happen to be the one teaching them. :)
On Thursday night after the Common Assessments they had their first dance. It was a Halloween theme. The kids loved it and were sooooo cute! They dressed up and danced and had a blast. The teachers did, too! I remember when I was in 6th grade we didn't want the teachers anywhere near the dance floor. These kiddos kept saying come on (Insert teacher name here), come dance! So you can bet I was out there doing the Macharena, the "wobble", the cupid shuffle, and having a grand old time!
Biggest part of this week though was our newest addition! Cole Horton made his way home on Tuesday night. He was the sweetest, calmest little boy on the way home. He was scared, but he just hung out in my back seat. The minute he got home though, boy was he excited to explore. The noise of the TV confused him. He searched the whole apartment trying to figure out where the voices are. So far so good with this little one. He sleeps in his crate until about 2:30am when he cries for a bit. (I think he wakes up and doesn't remember where he is). Then he goes back to sleep until mom wakes up!
He had his first trip to Memorial Park today and make it the whole way around! He did get stopped a lot.. he is just THAT cute! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment