Sunday, November 6, 2011

We made it to homecoming?

So this year the plan was for me to try to go to my homecoming. But, I couldn't get away for the whole weekend. So, instead, I surprised Thomas with tickets to his homecoming. The look on his face was priceless! We packed up the car early Saturday morning, I made cinnamon rolls and we headed to Waco. We made it there just in time to see the parade!


And the bears....


There is something that is just so peaceful about that city. It is slower and calmer and I we are so happy there (not that we aren't happy in Houston, haha). Kind of strange how a city can do that to you. It is probably the fact that we get away when we go there. There isn't grocery shopping to be done and a mile long do to list. Just friends and a pretty campus to enjoy...

Here are a few snap shots of the fun day with friends. We ran into lots of people throughout the day which was great, too! We even ran into our photographer at a boutique!

We started at the parade...

We even got to see Christy and her family. This is her daughter, Annemarie. I used to tutor her when I was in college and her mom was my professor and now a very good friend. Christy's son is now a Baylor Bear!

Then we headed to lunch with friends....

Then a house party?  Oh yes, you got it...Jess and I stood most of the time to avoid the dirty college apartment. The one part of college I don't miss. Yes, that is a Star Wars poster and a life size sticker of Michael Jordan on the wall...


Then we headed to the game....



 Follis says... "Successful Day guys, Go Bears!" Watching a game with Follis (who used to be a Yell Leader) was hilarious! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment