The final countdown...
So it is officially one week until students arrive on campus. I am really excited to meet them and get the school year started. I have been in professional development/training classes for the past couple of days. I am lucky to have two other 6th grade ELA teachers and we all work together very well. Plus, we have an ELA content team that is passing down so many resources and curriculum planning, unit planning, lessons galore. It is really amazing all of the support we are getting as first year teachers.
I have been working on my classroom and although it is still a work in progress it is coming together quite nicely. I'll take some pictures soon and post them.
Wedding planning is on hold for a bit-- I have it down to two dresses and I am leaning heavily towards one. It has been so much fun trying on all different kinds of dresses. But, I think ultimately I love the first one I tried silly as it sounds.My maid of honor and bridesmaids were so very helpful when I was torn. I sent them both dresses and they easily voted for the first one. I have to say, I can be pretty indecisive, so it was great having some solid feedback.
I can't post a picture on my blog because Thomas may try to sneak a peak (although I highly doubt he reads this thing anyways). But, if you would like to see a picture (or cast a vote on which one you like more between the two I am torn between) send me an e-mail and I'll show you.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful week. This verse stood out to me this week from Gary Thomas' sermon this past weekend.
Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. James 4:8
There may be a lot going on, but amongst everything, I have to always remember to still make time to draw near to God.
No comments:
Post a Comment