Wednesday, August 10, 2011

First Two Days

I have been blown away by how supportive and amazing my friends and family have been these last couple of days. I had texts, fb messages, emails, calls, comments you name it wishing me a great first day. I certainly believe in the power of prayer and I know that your prayers and positive thoughts helped make my first two days with my kiddos a great success!

I am very thankful for each and every one of you and I truely appreciate all of the encouragement.

It is still the first week of school so the kids are still first week of school 'scared'. They are on their best behavior and just the sweetest kids. I hope this lasts awhile. :) But all joking aside, I have started learning a lot of names and I think the kids are shocked when I come up to them during lunch and ask them how their day is going by name. They look at me like, "how do you know my name?" I have never been good with remembering a lot of names all at once, but somehow I am doing better than I thought I would.

My advisory  I got to spend the most time with since we met twice each day. They are a great group and I can't wait to get to know them more this year.

I have to say that our school staff/team is small (since we are only a 6th grade this year) but strong. I am so impressed with the people that I work with. They are so talented. I am looking forward to working with this team. I know they can teach me a lot and we have already started bonding. The ELA team is in a league of their own. I couldn't be matched with a better team!

All in all it has been a whirlwind of a couple of days. Every hour of the day is running together and my to do list is growing. But I think that once I get settled the whirlwind will calm and things will start to sort themselves out.

On a silly positive note... all this time on my feet and walking around I am sure to lose a few pounds. Being a teacher = best wedding diet ever! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment