Saturday, May 7, 2011

New Names: Mrs. Horton

So most little girls have a crush when they were young and practice writing their first name with their crush’s last name. Nowadays I am sure Mrs. Bieber is markered all over binders and backpacks.  I think my generation it was Mrs. Timberlake. Jamie Timberlake.... ahhhh flashback to boybands!
Somewhere on a road trip, I think to Waco most likely, Thomas let this little detail of our past slip. Now Thomas will kill me for saying this, but it makes me laugh. When we were in high school and even through college he would practice writing my name with his last name: Jamie Horton.
This blog post was inspired by one of my best friends from high school, Caitlin. She is living an amazing life in D.C.  Although, I would love to have her back in Houston, she is doing so well in D.C. and I am so proud of her. She is getting her Masters at Johns Hopkins in communications while working at her fabulous job! She sent me an engagement present in the mail. It was an adorable toiletry bag monogrammed with my new initials: JLH

First of all, I love monogrammed things. Second, I love my new initials. For me, taking my husband’s last name is something that I am looking forward to!
Most women use their maiden name as their middle name.  My dad gave me my first name, but my mom gave me my middle name. In fact, a lot of the time she calls me by my middle name.  Being that I love my middle name I am going to do something a little different. I will keep my middle name and drop my maiden name. The initials will be the same; the name will just be different. So my new name will be Jamie Laura Horton.  (Just typing that makes me smile!)
Now my new name is no Duchess of Cambridge, but I love it!

1 comment:

  1. Awww what a sweet post, future Mrs. Horton! Thanks for all the kind words. I'm so glad that you got the bag and that you like it! Just a little something to tell you that I'm thinking of you (and Thomas) doing this special and exciting time! Miss you and hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete