This weekend I was in Dallas and the weather was amazing. So, I thought I would go down memory lane and walk around SMU’s campus for a bit. I didn’t realize that it was also SMU’s graduation weekend. Then it hit me… two years ago exactly I was graduating. I walked down the boulevard and could vividly remember walking from Meadows to McFarlin with Morgan and then after the ceremony stopping to take a picture with Rachael on the boulevard. I can remember looking at each other and as if we were in shock saying “We did it!”
But what a difference a two years makes… I am no longer making coolers for away weekends on the lawn by the dorms with Kelly and Morgan (remember when I tried to paint it all gold?—what a mess that was, but so much fun!). Monday nights don’t consist of 150 girls in one room discussing all things Chi O. My biggest wardrobe decision is not what to wear to formal or to a themed party but what to wear to my wedding!
How the times have changed, but how wonderful these last two years have been. It’s funny the things you remember when you look back and the wonderful friends that I made in college who are still some of my closest friends two years later….. I didn’t go to college to find my husband, I went to find my bridesmaids ( I already knew my husband ;) )
Now I could post the pictures that I snapped of campus when I was walking around on Saturday... but everyone knows what SMU looks like... So here are some of my best college memories captured on film... boy was it fun to look back through these...
![]() |
| When I "caught" the bouquet ..... |
![]() |
| Meeting Whitney on Bid night on the way to a Mysto event.... |
![]() |
| Pref night with Jackie before we knew which house we got... |
![]() |
| Random nights with my big.... this one will stay between us... but I still have that shirt! :) |
![]() |
| Dressing up for themed parties... LXA Pajama Party with Jana |
![]() |
| Celebration of lights... one of the best traditions at SMU |
![]() |
| Oh more themed parties.... Love my big! |
![]() |
| The fore mentioned picure of Rach and me on the BLVD after graduation |
![]() |
| When we SWEPT sing song! |
![]() |
| The forementioned coolers.... |
![]() |
| Again more themed parties...this one goes down in infamy though... |
![]() |
| We survived! :) |
![]() |
| Enjoying the entertainment... aka Morgan... not much changed after graduation though... it became guacomas and Rob and Big |
![]() |
| Tailgating |
![]() |
| What would senior year be without getting in the fountain? |
![]() |
| My 21st Birthday and of course my amazing little!-- Oh yeah and Morgan's face! |
















Such amazing memories with such an amazing person. What a great blast from the past. I don't want to remember the night I was your entertainment though... I miss you so so much it hurts!! LOVE YOU!
ReplyDelete