So Thursday night Thomas spent hours watching his most important television event… the NFL draft. He literally stood up and cheered in excitement when two Baylor football players went in the first round.
But…. For all the hours of sports watching comes some serious wedding research….
Yes, I was up at 4:30 AM called Thomas and he came over to watch the ROYAL WEDDING.
I think Thomas was actually more into it than I was. I have my own little commentator … “Look at those guys in the puffy hats” or “Imagine bringing your boyfriend home to meet your parents and it being William… oh yeah PRINCE William.” He is pretty much glued to the TV, it’s cute.
I thought everything from the dress to the kiss was beautiful. It was elegant and regal. I love how down to Earth Kate Middleton is. She did her own make up! I was watching some other commentary and apparently Kate had a poster of William up in her room when she was younger. I think every other girl our age did, too. But it is funny how things do turn out.
Although it was sweet and an elegant wedding, it didn’t do much for my research. Our wedding will be just about as opposite of their wedding as possible. We will not have trees in our church or millions of people watching around the world. Also, Thomas will be wearing a wedding ring. Is that some British tradition I was unaware of? But, hopefully it will be just as meaningful and memorable (to us at least).
No comments:
Post a Comment