Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

Easter is my favorite holiday. I love that this is the only holiday that you go to church on the actual day. Plus, you wear cute spring dresses, the weather is nice and we always fly kites! This holiday is not about giving gifts… it is about God’s gift for us.
What a mess-- but SO much fun!

The notes inside the eggs ;)

The finished product! -- Front

The finished product-- Back
Just because I live on my own now and I no longer come back home for holidays and wake up Easter morning at my parent's does not mean the Easter Bunny can’t come! It will be a long while until we have kids, but I can’t help but decorate Easter baskets and get in the spirit. So, for now, the Easter Bunny comes and visits Thomas!
I went back to my good old sorority-cooler-making-days and pulled out paint, pant pens, paint brushes and all the fun mess that comes with it…

Thomas reading his notes :)


Easter morning we went to the early service at Second Baptist Church. Last weekend I read the book called “Heaven is for Real” about a 4 year old boy who told his parents that while undergoing an emergency appendix removal he went to Heaven. His detailed accounts and scriptural descriptions are something that no four year old could express without having really sat in Jesus’ lap. He even told his parents that he met his sister (whom they never told him about but miscarried before he was born). It was a sweet story and how Ed Young opened up his teaching for this Sunday. He discussed the book and its relevance to Easter but more importantly how in the last 15 weeks it has been the #1 non-fiction seller… a book entitled “Heaven is for Real” is a number one selling book in the United States. How cool is that? I thought it was just a great book a friend in my small group lent me. I had no idea how popular it was!

Then we went and met my parents and brother for brunch at Sambuca. We are having our engagement party there so it was fun to plan and see the space. It was also a real treat to have my little brother home from college. No one has ever been able to make me laugh like he does. Regardless of the fact that he is a foot taller than me, he will always be my little brother!



Easter traditions mean church, brunch and kite flying… although this year I replaced the later with laying by the pool. Thomas had to go to the library to study so the kite will tuck itself back in the closet until after his finals.
I hope everyone had a blessed and happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment