On Monday every every Yes Prep student and teacher joined together at the Toyota Center to celebrate the senior classes and the colleges that they will be attending in the Fall. Although my campus is only a 6th grade is was a great opportunity for our kids to see where their hard work will take them and where they will be in 2018. Every teacher and every student works so hard and it just made what I do every day very real. 100% of our students get accepted to college... regardless of what the statistic may show about their zip code or ethnicity, these kids can achieve great success, and will!
I am so proud of what I do and of the students that I teach. It feels great to be apart of something bigger than myself. Now, as far as 2018 seems, I know my students will be there and I want to push them to work as hard as possible. If I got emotional Monday, you can sure bet when it is my kiddos up there I'll be a wreck.
Here is a video of senior signing day a couple of years ago. If this video doesn't inspire you, I am not sure what will! :)
Senior Signing Day Yes Prep
I saw this video a couple of years ago. We are in the process of planning our own senior signing day. I think its AMAZING and inspiring.
ReplyDelete