Here are a few photos from our first "joint" Christmas. Next year we will be married, but this Christmas being engaged was very special, too.
We spend Christmas Eve with the Hortons going to Christmas Eve service. Then we went to their house for a delicious dinner and holiday cheer. They were so sweet to adopt one of my family traditions of Christmas pajamas. We watched "White Christmas" and then it was off to bed.
Then Christmas Day, we spent with my family. We played Cranium (we won, duh! :) ) , ate yummy food, did our gift exchange, skyped family in California ( we miss them tons!) and had a wonderful end of the day.
One very special treat was finding a home video from our family Christmas in 1992. It was bittersweet to see my grandma on camera and remember her laugh. But, it was quite funny to see my brother and I so little and beyond thrilled to drive around our Power Wheels cars from Santa. The whole family from California was there (strange to not see Aunt Val though-- my uncle and aunt hadn't gotten married yet, but it is funny how I don't really remember a time without her). It was sweet to see my Uncle Mike and Aunt Kim around the age that Thomas and I are now and I think they were engaged in the video, too.
Thomas got to watch little Jamie and laugh at my awkward silly self around 5 years old. He never got to meet my grandma so it was great to share the video with him. I have wonderful childhood memories and being able to look back was a perfect way to end the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment