Saturday, September 10, 2011

California Day 2

Friday we went to the Malibu Country Market  and shopped around. Just being outside and walking around felt nice. We had a nice lunch at Marmalade Cafe and I got to show Thomas around Malibu a little bit. We took every advantage of being near the water every chance we could! Malibu is gorgeous! Days like Friday make me miss it!

At Marmalade Cafe

Biggest kid in the sandbox!

With my baby cousin :)

Ready for some yummy food!

On the way back, of course I stopped at Trader Joes. I filled a bag to take back and enjoy a little bit of Cali in Texas.
I love hydrangeas!

I heard a rumor they are coming to Houston.... could that be true?

Favorite cookies.... ever!

Then we went to a winery that is walking distance to my Uncle and Aunt’s house and did some wine tasting. We sampled some local wine and enjoyed a lazy afternoon. Of course, we hit the pool and soaked up the Cali sun.
Wine tasting!

Friday was my Uncle’s birthday ( I won’t mention ages on my blog J ). So we grilled in their backyard and my Uncle Dave and Aunt Val came over. It was nice to sit and laugh with them and Thomas enjoyed getting to meet more family.
A little BBQ


Thomas made sure to have the Baylor vs. TCU game on so that he wouldn’t miss the big BAYLOR WIN!!! Because, let’s face it, if we weren’t in California we would have been at the game! My Uncles are big sports guys so they bonded over the football game.

Baylor WIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment