I am blessed to be surrounded by wonderful, supportive, encouraging and positive women. I have made life-long friends from high school, college and now into my "post grad" years back in Houston. I realized when I was thinking about who I would like to stand next to me as I got married just how many amazing girlfriends I have. I am thankful for each and everyone of you.
Whether it be my girls from high school that we sang Pat Green to at the top of our lungs driving to St. Thomas or the silly inside jokes about Dr. Pepper and Black and Day, or my wonderful Chi Omega Sisters who challenged me and encouraged me through college and were always there for me, to my amazing small group leader and small group girls that I instinctively e-mail when something is weighing on me, to all of the wonderful friends in my life. I cherish you all and am so blessed to have you in my life. I hope that I have been as great a friend to you as you have been to me.
I however would like to share with everyone who I have asked to stand next to me as I say my vows.
Maid of Honor, Kelly Wyper-- We met our freshman year of college as we both lived in the same dorm. We both pledged Chi O and are commonly known as "JamieKelly" we were attached at the hip most days during college. Kelly is caring and a wonderful friend. Most of my best memories from college and after college involve her. She is a sister when I need one the most and I am blessed to have her stand next to be as I say my vows.
Bridesmaid, Jana Wallis-- Jana is my big sis in Chi Omega. We met after I pledged XO and I forgot my camera's memory card before a pledge class event. I was at the Chi O house and Jana had the same camera as me and lent me her memory card. I have long since done away with the camera, but Jana and I will always be close. She has been a role model and a best friend. Being one year older, she taught me a lot and has always been someone I can count on.
Bridesmaid, Jennifer Bowes-- Jennifer is my little sister in Chi O.... sensing a trend? My Chi Omega sisters are as close as it gets to sisters for a bride to be with only brothers. Jennifer is the kindest, most sincere person I know. She has been a wonderful friend and she loves unconditionally. I knew the moment that I met her (rushing her to be a Chi Omega) that we would always be close.
| Rach, Claire, Me and Kelly-- Claire is an amazing photographer who is a great friend and will be taking out engagement pictures! |
Bridesmaid, Rachael Russell-- Rachael and I met freshman year of college. She lived in the same dorm as me and we pledged Chi Omega the same year. We quickly realized we had a lot in common. One night we spent at office depot picking out planners and colored pens. We spent the rest of the night at the Law School gazebo color coding our new planners. We can just stop there... soul mates!
Bridesmaid: Jacquelyn Olexa-- I don't even know where to begin with this girl... I'll start at we went to high school together and at first did not get along (we went to rivaling middle schools), but since our last names were (lay and leon.. she has since gotten married) our lockers were right next to each other. We quickly got over it and became the best of friends (Jack and James).We went to SMU together and were roommates our freshman year. We have had countless memories together that involve everything from being locked in a pool house to decorating our dorm room. Jackie has a tremendous heart and always has people's best interest in mind.
I could go on and on about these amazing bridesmaids and I could have added a ton more to the list, but that's what the houseparty is for! I'll share the house party in a later post, soon!
Such amazing ladies!!! Perfect way to ask them to be your bridesmaids. You're so creative!
ReplyDelete