This to many might seem like a small resolution. But, I was a girl who was all about old fashioned, paper and pencil, back in the day ways of efficiency. Some transitions into the world of technology were easy and fun, while others were tough and took some getting used to.
Jamie enters the world of the iPad.... step one! From there it was...
1. Download as many books as possible and read, read, read
2. Use my iPad in class... for attendance etc.
3. Remote access my desktop from my iPad... this meant I no longer needed to have my laptop with me at all times... FREEDOM!
4. APPS... oh the APPS... Cloud Apps (lesson planning from my iPad), Popsicle App (cold calling students in class), Infinity (setting my DVR from afar)
5. Closet Inventory (This will get its own post later.)
And the biggest/hardest switch of all... MY PLANNER! I am a paper planner girl. I am a Type A, color coding, check list girl. Switching to a Planner App was hard. But, all of my calendars are synced and I still get that WOO HOO feeling when I check something off my list. Now, it is just a click!
The most fun switch has been with the Jawbone UP. It is a fun little bracelet that tracks my steps, calories, sleep, food and all that good stuff. It vibrates if I am idle too long and wakes me up at an "ideal" time within a range of time I set. Gone are the days of the loud iPhone alarm. Plus, it is super fun to sync my bracelet with my APP and see my data. I got the fun mint green color. I thought it made it a little more femine!
I also have the Jawbone Up and absolutely LOVE it!!
ReplyDelete