Friday, March 15, 2013

"and Beyond"....Closet Organization

Disclaimer: this post has nothing to do with Bed Bath and Beyond. But, I sometimes wonder when I walk in there what exactly is that "beyond" part they are referring to? I am a pretty organized person and I like everything to have its own place. My closet was always organized by type (pants, shorts, skirts, dresses.... another part for more dresses etc.). Then in the midst of my spring cleaning, I came across this APP. Closet APP

It is taking closet organization to that "beyond" place. I took a picture of everything in my closet and categorized it in the APP. You could stage your pictures and make each  item look great, but I was going for function. It took me awhile as it was to snap a picture of everything and then add it into the APP. But, I love it! If I need to figure out something to wear, I just open up my APP and scroll through the pictures. I even made a packing list with the photos for our upcoming trip to Florida.

I also find myself wearing things that I forgot I even had! It is definitely a half of a day project and even longer if you want to "stage" your pictures. I just needed pictures to jog my memory. Once the initial pictures are taken and uploaded into the APP you can just snap photos when you buy new clothes and add them as you purchase. (Maybe even take a photo of you trying it on so you know what it looks like on.).
 
You can then create outfits together including purses and accessories. It takes some of the guess work out of getting ready, and you already have some go-to outfits put together. I haven't gone this far, but you can even calendar your outfits so you know what you wore when, or what you will wear for the upcoming days.

All in all, it is just a way for the Type A person that I am to make sure everything has its certain place!

You can create your own categories: For example I split tops into two different categories.


A picture of what part of my accessory category looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment