Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Official Start of Summer: NBA Playoffs




Most people think Memorial Day signals the start of summer. To me, it is the NBA Finals—my Superbowl. It only comes in second to the start of college football season/BCS Title Game.
I am a Rockets fan since I grew up in Houston and a Mavs fan since I lived in Dallas. But I will admit it, when the Lakers made their run the last few years, I was a Lakers Fan because most of my family is from Southern California. So I put on my “Anton” hat and cheered for the Lakers (in the Finals). Well, only if they were not playing a team from Texas (which they weren’t).
 But this year is different, the MAVS are in the Finals… Living in Dallas for 5 years meant I went to MAVS games and jumped on the bandwagon. Sadly though, the Mavs usually choke so I never get to cheer for them come finals time… but not this year. Not only do I get to root for the MAVS but I get to cheer against Lebron and the arrogant Heat. I think that is the reason I like college sports so much more than professional, but I just can’t stand it when athletes think they are gods.
But regardless, this year is extra fun because although I am as girly as they come, I am a huge sports fan, and I just can’t hide it! I jump, chant and get very nervous when it gets close at the end. So, although the odds are not in the MAVS favor…… LET’S GO MAVS!!
Plus, the little girl that just sang the National Anthem, Julia Dale had Thomas and I impressed and laughing hysterically. She is a 10 year old girl who is very “grown up" with an incredible voice. I love her hand gestures and how she isn’t nervous at all. This young lady but the Tias and Tiara girls to shame. Did anyone else see her perform? I’ll try to find the video to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment