Sunday, June 26, 2011

Just "Plum" Happy

As much as Thomas cares about the big stuff, the venue, the ceremony site, he does not care about colors, flowers and the decor. That is nice because we compromise well. I care more about the little stuff and I am pretty obsessed with the color Plum.

To me plum is elegant, classy and fun! All of which are characteristics that I am keeping in mind when I am planning this wedding. Plum also has a lot of significance because purple was my grandmother's favorite color and although she isn't with us to be there, I know she would be happy to see purple everywhere!

So the color theme will be plum, champagne/cream with a touch of green as an accent color to give it some fun summer POP!

I love hydrangeas so of course, most of the flowers will be hydrangeas which is great because there are all different colors of purple hydrangeas to give the bouquets some depth, plus white and cream hydrangeas, too!


This can give you an idea of the different dimensions of the color purple-- the bridesmaids dresses will be plum though not champagne and there will not be any "country chic" purple checkered jars... cute, but totally not me :)


I have no idea who these people are... but it helps you imagine plum dresses, just knee length :)
 Here are a couple of ideas from the knot that are kind of what I am thinking... not exactly, but it is good for a mental image.


No comments:

Post a Comment