Thursday, February 28, 2013

New Years In California

My little cousin and one of my bridesmaids Peyton turn 13 last December. We were so excited to get to celebrate her Bat Mizfah in California this January!

We decided to make a week of it and spend time with family. I wish we could get to California more often because seeing my family once or twice a year is just simply not enough. We were blessed this year with two big family events.

We took a couple of days to go to Santa Barbara. It was just what we needed and a great way to celebrate Thomas' birthday. The weather was beautiful. We had lunch on the beach, rode bikes along the shore and enjoyed some peace and quiet. We didn't have a time table or plans. We just enjoyed some rest and relaxation.


The highlight of the trip was celebrating Miss. Peyton and hugging and laughing with Mirabelle. They are two of the brightest and sweetest girls. I just love them to pieces! 
The Bat Mitzfah was a BLAST! We had a yummy dinner the night before and the day of the ceremony Peyton was poised, graceful and did a fantastic job. I had the honor of reading a poem at the ceremony. I thought it wouldn't be a problem at all. I mean I speak in front of people everyday and teach lessons on poetry. Enter Peyton. No one ever said I was going to be reading this poem to Peyton looking at her. Bring on the waterworks. Yep, tears! Luckily I got through the poem and got myself together, but seeing Peyton all grown up just caught me off guard. But, post tears and post beautiful ceremony we danced and danced and danced some more. The party was so fun and a great time for me to spend with the rest of our family. My cousin Tori who lives in Austria was there. I haven't seen her in too many years so it was a special treat to get to see her!




No comments:

Post a Comment