Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Olympics!

There is something special about the summer Olympics. Maybe it's because I remember watching them when I was little, but even as an adult I am cheering out loud in front of the T.V. This year I'll have to say the downside is having most every event spoiled because of the time difference. I was really excited to watch the gymnastics finals and before I could get home a certain husband said, "Have you heard about the women's gymnastics?" (With a huge smile on his face". But, as heartbreaking as the men's final was the women's final was still a-mazing!! The "Fab Five" did it!!

 

I do think Jordan should have been allowed to participate in the individual finals, but Gabby Douglas stole the show. I think she is just incredible. When asked how she stayed calm with everything going on around her she said, "I like to meditate on Scripture, the Bible really helps me" With so much pressure and so much prestige she is still centered and focused on the Lord. What an amazing young lady!

You can't really talk about the Olympics without talking about Michael Phelps and our swim team or Missy Franklin and her too cute for words pearls! So far it has been a great Olympics and I am excited to continue watching. I will have to say, my big, Jana, had the best view. She got to watch the girls team win gold LIVE and not on TV! I can't wait to hear all about her trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment