Friday, August 26, 2011

Quarter Century Old

Yesterday was  my 25th birthday. It is hard to believe that I am a quarter century old. It was a wonderful day. I mean how many people can say that on their birthday 120 kids sang you "Happy Birthday"? Not to mention cards, little presents and one student even made me a necklace. It was such a sweet way to celebrate my birthday.

This isn't a birthday note, but just a note that a student left on my desk one day last week! :)
I am used to being at school on my birthday. It being in late August my birthday was usually on the first few days of school. So, I may have taken a few years off from that tradition, but here I am back to school and celebrating my birthday the way I have for so many years.

My co-workers helped me celebrate with a cake in our team meeting and we will be celebrating at a dinner on Saturday night with all of the teachers from all of the campuses. No, this is not a birthday party for me, but a district wide dinner. How fun though that it is the weekend after my birthday. Dinner, Dancing and Dressing Up at the Hilton Americas is not a bad way to spend a Saturday night!

Last night for dinner Thomas and I celebrated with his parents. We went to the Cheesecake Factory and it was a blast! I love my future in-laws. Again, how many people can say that? I am one lucky little girl. My future mother-in-law gave me a beautiful necklace that was her mothers and she wore it on her wedding day. How special that I will get to wear it on mine as well! It was so thoughtful and I can't wait to keep that tradition going.

It was hard to get a good picture, but this is the beautiful necklace from my future Mother-In-Law


No comments:

Post a Comment